Friday, December 09, 2005

Spain - March '05 (part dos)


Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2005 3:14 PM
Subject: RE: Greetings from Barcelona!

I´ve had a lovely day, really, but seriously cannot move my feet another inch, and may have done serious damage. Nawwww, just kidding (I hope...), but damn do my dogs bark! They keep cramping, especially when I sit for a few minutes & then start walking again. I have to stop & stretch my SHINS, if you can believe that. Oh, and [sister] - that problem you, me & [your friend] mentioned briefly on the first day -- you know, when she was pregnant? -- well, I think I´m having a serious medical issue with that. It happened again -- maybe 2 minutes warning -- and then I had to go all the way back home b/c of it, right in the middle of the tour-bus´ northern route. I should see a doctor when I return. Oy. Don´t know about adding that little tidbit in the travel book...

Will write more tomorrow (monday) - done everything I´ve really wanted to do / see, except 1 Gaudi house, which I´ll see tomorrow. Just relaxing & walking (ugghhhh.) more around the city, maybe a little shopping. Love,
- me

A bit of clarification: the embarrassing "thing" that happened? Yup. Peed my pants. I admit it. Hello?!! Why is it I can go a full day at work & even a few hours into the evening without so much as a teeny tiny tinkle, or even on a 12+ hour flight to Israel not get up from my seat even once -- and yet, the urge hits harder & faster than a Mack truck on the NJ Turnpike when I'm in a foreign country on a bus with no toilet on board and it's officially "siesta", when most every store & restaurant has closed for a couple hours?!?! OK, so that day was probably the one instance I was relieved (no pun intended) to be travelling by myself.

Oh, and my sister's compassionate response?

Two words -- Kegel exercises.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home