Thursday, November 03, 2005

Mural, forever in progress...

Here are some updated pix of the mural I started painting before my nephew, Noah, was born. He turned 2 this past September. I hope to finish before he graduates high school.
WALL #1:


The ark is my biggest hurdle; I started out way too much of a perfectionist on it. The shading is pretty damn nice, but I literally lost a lot of skin off my fingers for that. The tiger still needs his stripes, and there are a few animals on the ark I still have to finish. But otherwise, I'll be quitting - errr, finishing - someday soon. The pandas are my personal favorite. My family seems to like the giraffe. (see next post Nov. 8 for add'l photos) Perhaps I'll build a site someday to market this hobby... Yeah, this hobby, and the other 20 I have...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I personally think the cow is pretty amazing. :) Did you freestyle draw all of these? Totally amazing! I'm very impressed!

thanks for sending this to us. It's been great to catch up on your life via The Blog!

11/06/2005 6:05 PM  
Blogger NY-sunshine said...

Hey Jamie! Actually, no to the "draw" part - it'd be awesome if I could've drawn, but the walls have this intense texture (you can see in the water pix) that you just can't draw on. I had to paint with a teeny, thin paintbrush all the black outlines & features... the kind you remember from those watercolor sets in kindergarten. Ugh. Thanks for dropping by! :)

11/08/2005 11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home